The disciplines covered by NED-NTUA include the following areas:
- Fission reactors theory.
- Nuclear power plant structure and operation.
- Thermodynamic and thermohydraulic analysis of nuclear power reactors.
- Nuclear reactor materials technology.
- Nuclear fusion.
- Interactions of radiation with matter.
- Radiation shielding and radiation protection.
- Nuclear radiation detection methods.
- Radioactive trace element determination methods.
- Environmental dispersion of radioactive pollutants.
- Technological applications of nuclear radiations.
- Measurement statistics, correlations, experiment design, modelling.
- Data acquisition and on-line measurement systems.